the bottom of the web page.
At Active Search Results, we believe you should always know what data we collect from you and how we use it, and that you should have
meaningful control over both. As part of our ongoing commitment to transparency, and in preparation for new data protection laws we’re
updating our website to empower you to make the best decisions about the information that you share with us.
- Data Protection Officer
Active Search Results' (ASR) Data Protection Officer (DPO) is the person designated to facilitate compliance with the provisions of the GDPR
and is responsible for ensuring data protection compliance across all of ASR's properties.
ASR's DPO can be contacted at DPO@activesearchresults.com
- Data that Active Search Results Collects
You can visit ASR's site and use most of ASR's services
without having to tell ASR who you are or reveal any personally
identifiable information to ASR. There are, however, times
where ASR collects personally identifiable information in order to
fulfill your request.
ASR Collects the Following Data From its Members
Personally Identifiable Information (PII Data):
- Email Address - Required
- First and Last Name - Not Required
- Postal Address - Not Required
- Phone Numbers - Not Required
Non Personally Identifiable Information:
- Submitted Web Site Address - Not Required
- Title - Not Required
- Company Name - Not Required
- Time Zone - Not Required
- Primary Language - Not Required
- Gender - Not Required
- Email Client - Not Required
- Preferred Email Client - Not Required
- Backlink Address(es) to ASR - Not Required
Members Activity Data:
- Login - IP Address and Date/Time
- Registration - IP Address and Date/Time - (Created Account)
- Double Opted-In - IP Address and Date/Time - (Activated Membership)
- Opted-Out - IP Address and Date/Time
- Opened Email - IP Address and Date/Time
- Clicked Link(s) in Email - IP Address and Date/Time
- Alexa Toolbar Installed by ASR's Members
- Search Terms - Recorded but Not Associate with Member ID's
- Members Wrote Favorable Review About ASR
- Weblogs (Webpage Access) - Stored 1 Week Then Deleted
- ASR Utilizes Google Analytics - Reporting on Webpage Access
- Google Analytics Records ASR Webpage Access and IP Address
- ASR Member Information is Not Recorded By Google Analytics
- Session Cookies
How Data is Used:
- ASR sends weekly email campaigns and limited dedicated ad emails to ASR's double opted-in members.
- ASR does not send any email campaigns to non double opted-in members or opted-out members.
- Demographics data is sometimes used to segment email campaigns.
- Member's activity data is used to rank member's websites in ASR's search engine.
- Session cookies are used to provide a clean transition between webpages.
Member Data Locations:
- Member Information : https://www.activesearchresults.com/members/memberinfo.php
- Activity Report : https://www.activesearchresults.com/members/listactivity.php
- Manage Website Submissions : https://www.activesearchresults.com/members/listurls.php - Member Submitted Websites and Related Submission Data
- Member Backlinks to ASR : https://www.activesearchresults.com/members/listlinks.php
- Additional Member Activity Data can be Requested by Sending an Email to ASR's DPO
- Do Any Third Parties Receive or Collect Data Through Active Search Results?
In the few instances where Active Search Results collects personally
identifiable information, Active Search Results will not share it with other
companies or individuals unless:
ASR is responding to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, to establish or
exercise ASR's legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
If Active Search Results is acquired by another company whether through merger or
purchase of its stock or all or substantially all of its assets, ASR
will share the information with the acquiring company.
Furthermore, Active Search Results will not sell or disclose your
personally identifiable information as customer lists to anyone. Nor
will ASR share with anyone personally identifiable information about you
in any manor.
As a general operating practice,
- ASR Does Not Share Member Data with Any Third Party Companies or Entities
- All Email Campaigns Including Dedicated Ad Emails are Sent and Controlled 100% By ASR
- ASR Allows Google Analytics to Collect Only IP Addresses for Web Page Access
- ASR Utilizes Google AdSense For Ad Serving
- Double Opt-In Process
1) When members submit their website address and email address to ASR's Search Engine they are creating an account with ASR. This is considered registering with ASR.
2) ASR then sends an email requesting that the new member a) confirm their email address, b) asks permission to activate their account and c) asks permission to allow ASR to send additional emails.
3) Acknowledgment of this email by clicking on the confirmation link flags the member as being "Double Opted-In".
4) Members who do not "Double Opt-In" are never sent email campaigns from ASR.
- Members Opt-Out Options:
1. All emails sent from Active Search Results contain a clearly marked one click opt-out link. Members only have to click on the opt-out link once to opt-out. No other steps are required. One click opt-outs are processed in real time. The link can also be copied and pasted into a browser for real time opt-out processing.
2. Members can opt-out by forwarding any one of Active Search Results' emails to support[at]activesearchresults[dot]com and typing unsubscribe in the subject or body of the email. Unsubscribe emails are processed within 24 hours and before the next mailing.
3. Members can opt-out by replying to any one of Active Search Results' emails and typing unsubscribe in the subject or body of the email. Unsubscribe emails are processed within 24 hours and before the next mailing.
4. Members can opt-out by sending a new email to support[at]activesearchresults[dot]com and typing unsubscribe in the subject or body of the email. Unsubscribe emails are processed within 24 hours and before the next mailing.
5. Members can opt-out by sending a blank email to optout[at]activesearchresults[dot]com, unsubscribe[at]activesearchresults[dot]com or cancel[at]activesearchresults[dot]com. Note that the From address in the member's email must be the same email address that was used to sign up at Active Search Results. Unsubscribe emails are processed within 24 hours and before the next mailing.
6. Members can sign-in at Active Search Results' website and select the Delete Membership option from the Member's Area tab. The Delete Membership Option will remove all of the member's data From ASR.
7. Active Search Results maintains Feedback Loops (FBL) with multiple ISP's. FBL opt-outs are processed within 24 hours and before the next mailing.
8. Send a Blank Email to the "List_Unsubscribe" Address in Every Email Sent by ASR Emails. List-Unsubscribe Header emails are processed within 24 hours and before the next mailing.
9. Opt-out requests can be sent to Active Search Results' main office via US postal mail. Active Search Results' postal address is displayed at the bottom of every email sent.
520 Maiden Court, Middletown Delaware 19709
- Monthly Notification of Membership
ASR sends a monthly email to all opted-in members reminding them of their membership and ASR's data collection policy.
- What Security Measures Are in Place to Protect Your Data?
Active Search Results operates secure data networks protected by
industry standard firewall and password protection. ASR has security
measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse or
alteration of your user data. Only senior level employees have access to member data.
All Web pages and data on ASR's entire site are encrypted while in transit between members' browser sessions and the database where it is stored.
Passwords are required to access the Members section of the website. All passwords are encrypted while in transit between members' browser sessions and the database where it is stored.
- Data Breach Notification
In the unlikely event that a data breach occurs at ASR, ASR is ready to send a notification to its member base within 24 hours that the breach was discovered.
Active Search Results updates this policy from time to time. If we
are going to use personally identifiable information in a manner
different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify
you via email. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your
information in this different manner. In addition, if we make any
material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user
information already stored in our databases, we will post a prominent
notice on our web site notifying users of the change. Bear in mind that
the only way to ensure your personal privacy whenever you are on the
Internet is to make sure your browser is configured so that you are
alerted to all cookies.
please contact us at: Support at ActiveSearchResults dot com